Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Geography Whore

I was a pretty weird kid.

As an elementary school student, I'd casually read the Funk & Wagnall's Atlas like it was the Bible. From countries all over the world, to capitals, to flags and more, I loved me some maps. Europe was a favorite. South America too. My Africa and Asia fondness wasn't so great. However, now that those Eastern Euro countries have fought and split and declared independence...it's a bit fuzzy. In 5th grade I won the State and Country Bee Award, beating a close friend at the time, Russ O. He's now working in DC for the government or for some watchdog agency. Eat it Russell! I think those were my first trophies I won. Well I did have some baseball participation hardware from elementary school, but I stopped playing when the coach stopped pitching and you had to actually hit against a real pitcher. Yes my position was catcher. Le Sigh. It all comes full circle.

The last two days I've been addicted to a geography test game. I can get to level 11 with ease, but I've only reached 12, the last level, once.

Here's the link...enjoy.

http://www.travelpod.com/traveler-iq?479c=ce69

"W"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home