Friday, March 28, 2008

Gaying it Up

Like I have to even try...

Last weekend was full of Easter activity. Good Friday service at church. (It was the somber one, where you're supposed to wear black, but no one told me. I had on brown and reminded people brown is the new black.) Saturday I recovered from my Good Friday 12 mile run. I'm totally feeling ready for the half marathon next weekend. I haven't trained exactly like I should, but I know I'm mentally and physically ready to finish strong. Saturday evening we did Mexican at a new place with some friends and the food gave me an upset stomach. The kind that almost made the think I was dehydrated from my previous day's run, although I drank lots of water and sports drinks to recoup. After dinner I recovered in time for a GLBT band concert. I was impressed. They played some recognizable tunes, including Espana (it's the bullfighter song, you'd know it if you heard it), and selections from the opera Carmen. We left at intermission (I jokingly called it halftime) because it was a school night/church night and we had the big Easter service(s) coming up.

The choir was phenomenal in both services (of course I'm a bit biased). After church our friends made reservations at some swanky steakhouse. We also had an invite for lunch at another friend's home, but politely declined. We chose the 3 course brunch option...the food was ok...but again it reminded me of the thought...'how much do you pay for food...how much is too much...and is 35 bucks a person too much for just 'ok' dining.

This week is even gayer...the Men's Chorus concert is Saturday night (SHOWTUNES!...is the title)...and then we're doing dinner for Sarah's bday beforehand...she turns 23 (I think). In a recent post I identified her as younger.

Have a marvelous weekend...
W

3 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger A Lewis said...

Gaying it up over the Easter weekend? I can't even begin to tell you what the consequences are for that. Eternal something or other. And, rule #1, ALWAYS opt for food at someone's home over a restaurant. I am more disenchanted by restaurant food as my life goes on. As you found, overpriced for mediocre food. And, I must also concur, that our service last Sunday was (you'll pardon the French here) one hell of a rockin' service. Oh my gosh. 100% amazing.

 
At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful weekend, W.

 
At 1:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.christianlouboutinuken.co.uk/]louboutin shoes[/url] pyobd [url=http://www.ralphlaurenhomeen.co.uk/]ralph lauren uk[/url] uzboc [url=http://www.cheapuggbootsen.co.uk/]ugg uk[/url] cmvhq [url=http://www.bercrombieoutleten.co.uk/]abercrombie fitch[/url] aqsvu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home